Nikko Kimzin here, Artistic Director of EPOCH CREATIVE NYC. I am writing to invite you to join us in our exciting new project. But, let me catch you up.
EPOCH CREATIVE NYC is a new innovative arts initiative that has one mission: to uplift the human spirit. We believe art has the ability to form relationships, build community, and ultimately change lives. We do this by collaborations between minority artists that seek to serve underrepresented communities.
I’m reaching out to invite you to CHAMPION this cause with us. We are looking for CHAMPIONS who are willing to uplift the human spirit. We are looking for CHAMPIONS who are willing to raise up the Latino community by helping us create a message that empowers young women to reconnect with their strength and beauty. We, here at EPOCH CREATIVE NYC, are inviting you to become one of our ten CHAMPIONS in order to bring LA MORENA to life.
LA MORENA is a multi media video project with the intended mission to showcase Latino artists in the fields of film, dance, and music. The video follows a young Hispanic woman losing her identity in a new relationship only to re-discover her power as a woman in the matriarchs of her family. This video will be shot in two styles: Modern Realism paralleled by a pas de deux of the same story on a stage. Employing the theatrical device of Magical Realism, her female ancestors will appear in large scale Día De Los Muertos puppetry and large scale marionette puppetry. Original music for this project will be created by a Latina musician.
CHAMPIONS, we want you in. We want you to create with us a project that serves the Latino community and has your fingerprint on it. We are looking for ten CHAMPIONS to contribute $1,000 each. All donations made to LA MORENA are tax deductible through our fiscal sponsorship with New York Live Arts.
Our CHAMPIONS will receive:
· Production Updates. Communication detailing our progress.
· Artist Interviews. We want you to know the artists that will be crafting this story. Beyond their specialties in their diverse crafts, find out WHY they create.
· Pre-production Puppetry and Costume Sketches. See the vision from Day 1.
· Music Rough Cuts. Get an insider’s listen to making the music from scratch.
· A Sneak Peak into the “Choreo”. Witness the story move from paper to movement.
· Post Production Video Rough Cuts. See the edits that help us refine the story.
· A First Look. We want to share LA MORENA with you before our release day.
· IMPACT. Finally, a project follow up to see the impact of what we have created together.
We need you. We need people who believe in art that reflects the entirety of American culture. Join us in creating this exciting project that will uplift the human spirit.